As promised, Dying Light 2 is expanding with an NG+ mode for those who want to repeat the adventure with more difficulty and new content.
Techland had teased it to us for the end of April and has kept its promise, the new game plus mode is coming to Dying Light 2 with patch 1.3 and at the same time is shipping exclusive content.
Dying Light 2 expands and extends its lifespan
In addition, the update fixes a lot of bugs, especially related to the cooperative mode which suffered from huge stability issues, and even adds a quest and a new variant for the infected “Goon”. What to wait before the arrival of the narrative DLC already in development.
Dying Light 2 Patch Notes 1.3 on PS5, Xbox Series, PC, PS4 and Xbox One
After completing it once, the game can be played again, but this time with changed settings to encourage a second playthrough with the implementation of a unique system and experience. The player can now go through the story with renewed mechanics. These include new enemy behaviors, more difficult encounters, new objects in the world, and many other changes that will significantly change the playstyle and allow the player to further develop their character. All of this is only available in New Game+!
- 30 new inhibitors
- New Platinum Goals for Parkour Challenges
- Updated day and night enemy distribution
- Added new legendary weapon tier
- Added golden encounters
- The difficulty of the enemies varies according to the level of the player.
- Fixed connection and stability issues in co-op mode
- Fixed connection issues with players who are further along in the story.
- Improved game performance in co-op mode
- Fixed various co-op story hangs
- Fixed an issue that blocked progress in a single player game mode after a co-op session.
- Fixed some remaining death loops in co-op mode
- Fixed an issue where an NPC would disappear during the missing persons quest in a co-op session.
- Improved co-op quality
- Improved visualization of weapons in menu and online inventory
- Improved management of challenge requirements in co-op mode
- Fixed Bandits randomly respawning while players are still in the Bandit Camp.
- Fixed player being unable to access inventory or map after dying multiple times in co-op mode.
- Fixed story progression getting stuck with “enemies nearby” notification.
- Fixed a rare issue where a player cannot move after being revived.
- Fixes for peer respawn away from host and geometry respawn
- Fixed AI jitter in random cases
- Improved various animations in co-op mode: crouch, throw, use bow, etc.
- Fixed sound duplication in co-op mode
- Fixed rare cases of quest radio dialogue becoming unresponsive in co-op mode, resulting in story hangs.
- Fixed displaying incorrect icons on the map after a co-op game.
- Fixed “call for help” when the player is called during a co-op muster.
- Fixed black screens in certain situations that could cause progression locks during co-op progression
- Fixed an issue with unnecessary text regarding “required skills” in the description of a challenge during a co-op session.
- Updated duration of tutorial windows to 30 seconds during co-op sessions
- Fixed a bug allowing the player to have multiple story quests active.
- Mutant Infections – A new quest has been added: Something Big Has Been Found Here, which includes special Goon elemental variants.
- Enemies with bows are less annoying – decreased damage.
- Completed achievements are correctly awarded upon completion. This also works for achievements earned before the update.
- Fixed a bug that made Howlers invulnerable to damage.
- Fixed being able to fast travel between regions of the map after completing various quests.
- Fixed human encounters random AI bug
- Fixed Infected invulnerability to arrows
- Fixed missing rewards after Bandit encounters
- Fixed Viral Patrol movement in GRE facilities.
- Grapple hook. Attraction limitations changed: longer swings reset vertical attraction values; the first attraction value is greater.
- Fixed a bug related to wall hanging during the “Go Waltz” quest.
- Fixed an issue where the player would get stuck after using an Inhibitor or opening inventory after obtaining an Inhibitor in the Plague Markers quest.
- Fixed map display bug in The Only Way Out quest
- Fixed Hakon disappearing in the “Into Darkness” quest after playing co-op.
- Fixed Sophie being unreachable in The Raid quest.
USER INTERFACE AND EXPERIENCE
- Added FOV slider on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X.
- Improved UI texture optimization
- Fixed issues with switching from keyboard to gamepad
- Fixed the Inhibitor pop-up message in the Plague Markers quest.
- Fixed quest display in journal
- Fixed tutorial window display
- Fixed display of weapon durability, quest tracking, and inventory management on the ASUS ROG Zephyrus Duo second screen.
- Aiden should no longer pose as a T in the main menu.
- Fixed crashes related to launching the game in 5760×1080 resolution
- Fixed display of incorrect numbers on the immunity bar
- Minor changes to PC key bindings
- Improved game stability
- Fixed multiple crash sources
- Improved frame rate stability in various map locations.
- Fixed several bugs that allowed players to see and fall outside of the map texture
- Fixed occasional texture issues in various places on the map.
- Fixed various audio issues