New patch 1.03 for Elden Ring, but this time in addition to fixes, the update adds content and new options to make the game more accessible.
Elden Ring has just received an imposing patch, not by its weight, but rather by its additions.
Since in addition to fixing several bugs, patch 1.03 adds several new features and greatly rebalances the game.
Elden Ring, the 1.03 patch that does more than correct
With its version 1.03, Elden Ring welcomes a new NPC, new phases for certain quests and the ability to tag and name NPCs encountered via our world map. An option that will make a lot of players happy, but will start to overshadow the app that allowed you to list your quests and NPCs.
Balancing also takes up a significant portion of the patch. We note in particular a great boost for mages and a nerf to the Ash Mimic. Speedrunners will also have to revise their strategies since the very/too powerful Ice Stomp is also getting a nerf. We leave you here the complete patch note.
Elden Ring 1.03 Patch Note for PS5, Xbox Series, PC, PS4 and Xbox One
- Added a function to save an icon and name of an NPC to the map when you encounter that NPC.
- Added NPC Jar-Bairn.
- Added new quest phases for the following NPCs: Diallos/ Nepheli Loux/ Kenneth Haight/ Gatekeeper Gostoc.
- Added some summonable NPCs in multiple situations.
- Increased the number of item patterns the player can imitate when using the Impersonator’s Veil.
- Added nighttime background music for certain areas of the open world.
- Fixed a bug that prevented summoned NPCs from taking damage in some boss fights.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes prevented the player from getting an item after a boss fight.
- Fixed a bug where dialogue was skipped when talking to NPCs and using custom keymaps.
- Fixed a bug that caused the player to freeze when riding.
- Fixed a bug where arcane was not scaling correctly for some weapons.
- In case the player cannot get more than 2 talisman pouches, added a talisman pouch in the lineup of the Blind Twins shop at the Round Table.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the user from going to Grace Sites from the map at the end of the game.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the player from moving to the next area after the battle with the Fire Giant.
- Fixed a bug due to which some weapons had incorrect scaling after strengthening.
- Fixed a bug where some weapons did not use the status scale.
- Fixed freezes on some occasions.
- Fixed a bug that incorrectly displays the multiplayer zone boundary when playing online.
- Fixed a bug that allows the player to activate Erdtree Greatshield’s weapon skill without absorbing an attack by using a special item and incantation combination.
- Fixed a bug where the Deadly Sin incantation of Fire had a different effect.
- Fixed a bug with Royal Knight’s War Ash, Determination and Resolute where the damage buff also applies to other weapons without this skill.
- Adjusted the visual effect of the Invisible Form spell.
- Removed the Ragged armor set from the game which was erroneously obtained in the previous patch.
- Fixed a bug that caused some hostile NPCs to drop the Furlcalling Finger remedy.
- Fixed a bug due to which an incorrect sound effect was played in certain situations.
- Fixed a bug where visual animation and hitboxes were not displayed correctly on some maps.
- Fixed a bug that caused some enemies to display and behave incorrectly.
- Fixed a bug that caused an incorrect stat setting for some armors.
- Correction of some texts.
- Other performance fixes
Other fixes and global balancing
- Increased Forge Stone drop rate for some enemies.
- Added Forge Stone to some stores at the start of the game.
- Increased shield effectiveness.
- Increased the damage of all offensive items in the Cracked Pot.
- Increased damage for the following items: Aromatic Spray Mist/Sparkling Poison.
- Increased the duration of the effects of the following items: Elevator Aromatic / Iron Jar Aromatic.
- Increased HP healing for Torrent when using the following items: Rowa’s Grape/ Sweet Grape/ Ice Grape.
- Reduced CP consumption and increased damage of the following sorceries: Twinkling Comet Stone/ Comet/ Night Comet.
- Increased the damage of the following spells: Gravity Well / Collapsing Stars / Crystal Barrage
- Decreased the CP consumption of the following spells: Star Shower/ Rock Shootout/ Haima’s Hammer/ Founding Star Rain/ Stars of Ruin/ Phalanx of Great Blades/ Rain of Magic/ Loretta’s Great Bow/ Mastery of Loretta/ Carian Greatsword/ Carian Piercer/ Spiral of Shards
- Increased the projectile speed and range of Large Crystal Stone Shard.
- Decreased damage from Ashes of War, Frost Stomp, and increased casting time.
- Increases self-inflicted damage of War Ash Bloodglaive, while slightly decreasing damage and increasing cast time.
- Decreased the damage of the weapon skill Sword of Night and Flame.
- Increased CP consumption and decreased Barricade Shield Ash of War duration.
- Changed the FP consumption timing of the Ashes of War, Prelate’s Charge.
- Decreased the damage of the Ash “Mimic” and changed the behavior of the spirit.
- Other Enemy and Weapon Balance Changes