Traveling, exploring, annihilating monsters and dying in co-op without interruption is now possible on PC.
While there is co-op in Elden Ring, it has a lot of restrictions, including preventing players from doing everything together from A to Z, but that’s about to change on PC.
It is indeed now possible to traverse the entirety of Inter-Earth in cooperation without any interruption thanks to the user LukeYui and the magic of modding.
Elden Ring for up to four players on PC
His creation, the “Seamless Coop Mod”, allows players to launch a cooperative game for up to four players (instead of 3 maximum) from the tutorial to the final boss, without ever having to go through the summoning system of the game. The modder also explains in detail how his game mode works.
- If a player dies, they will respawn in the same world at the last Site of Grace where they rested and the session will not end.
- Defeating enemy bosses and clearing areas no longer sends players home.
- All walls/fog barriers that usually restrict the multiplayer area (along with their respective teleports) are gone.
- All players can Torrent (assuming they have the whistle) in a session together.
- All Grace Sites on the map will sync, making it easier for you to navigate the world as a group.
- When a player rests at a Site of Grace, the world state is reset for all players. This is necessary to prevent enemies from desynchronizing.
- Progression events completed in the online game will also progress the game in your own world.
- Players are free to explore the entire game map (Downland, Underground, Legacy Dungeons, etc.) together, and can split up if they wish.
It is therefore a real cooperative mode coming to PC and for those who thought the game would become too easy in multiplayer, know that LukeYui has thought of everything. He indeed wanted to keep the difficulty, regardless of the number of players in the session and he even added a game mechanic for players who die too often, but also to force cooperation.
- As you can play with 3 ghosts (as opposed to the max of 2 in the base game), a third level of enemy scaling has been added.
- If a player is resting at a Site of Grace while others are in a boss room, those players will be removed from the boss room.
- Dying during a boss battle will put your character in limbo, watching other players until all party members have been defeated or a player rests at a Site of Grace. You can use the arrow keys on your keyboard to switch between different viewer views.
- Dying in a co-op session inflicts “Rot” on your player. Rot is a stacking debuff that will increase with subsequent deaths. You can only eliminate rot by sitting on a site of grace. There are 5 different types of rot, which will be randomly chosen when a player dies. This was implemented specifically to prevent a player from dying over and over without any inconvenience, while another player remains alive to prevent enemies from respawning.
If you are interested in the mod, you will find it at this address with all the steps to follow to install it. Obviously, this new community content is PC exclusive.