To be forgiven for this delay, Square Enix is planning several new pre-order bonuses for users.
Originally planned for this end of the year, Square Enix had to face the facts: 2021 ends in ten days and therefore next year would be a more realistic deadline. Final Fantasy VI Pixel Remaster will finally be released in February 2022 on PC and mobile.
To give you the best possible gaming experience, we take the time to refine the game while finishing it.
We have added additional bonuses for people who pre-order the game separately as well as for those who purchased the Pixel Remaster bundle on Steam (also including FFPR).
Here is the list of bonuses in question:
- Locke’s Theme (Timelapse Remix) [NOUVEAU BONUS DE PRÉCOMMANDE]
- The Decisive Battle (Timelapse Remix)
- Terra’s Theme (Timelapse Remix)
- Searching for Friends (Timelapse Remix)
- Aria di Mezzo Carattere (Instrumental) [NOUVEAU BONUS DE PRÉCOMMANDE]
- FFVI: two types of wallpapers
- FFI-VI: two types of wallpapers from the Pixel Remaster series [NOUVEAU BONUS DE PRÉCOMMANDE]
Timelapse Remixes are special music that start with the original version of the music, then gradually move on to its remixed version.
Each wallpaper is available in five different resolutions: 3840 x 2160, 2560 x 1600, 1920 x 1080, 1280 x 1024, and 1024 x 768.
This postponement comes a few days after the broadcast in Famitsu first images of the game with its smoothed pixels, which you can enjoy below: