Sony’s exclusivity is stepping down after almost two years of loyal service and Sucker Punch is now looking to the future.
A breath of fresh air in its time, Ghost of Tsushima is one of its Sony exclusives that have a soul and do good, as our test shows. A game as well appreciated by critics as by players and which was able to benefit from a good follow-up from Sucker Punch, in particular with its free multiplayer extension GoT Legends. But then, all good things come to an end and it’s time for the game to bow out with a final patch.
Patch 2.18, the der of ders?
Sucker Punch has indeed deployed a new update and has split a short phrase of thanks at the very end of the note on which we can read that the studio will no longer actively work on the follow-up of his foaleven if he remains attentive to the community, in case there are problems.
Although we were no longer actively working on additional fixes at this time, we’ll continue to monitor comments on the community-run Gotlegends sub-reddit and messages sent to Sucker Punch Prod for any high-priority bugs or issues that surface. We want to say a huge THANK YOU to the entire community for the incredible support and feedback we’ve received since launch. When Legends launched in October 2020, we didn’t expect to have such an active community more than a year and a half later, and we couldn’t be more grateful to everyone who has accompanied us on this journey!
Mass has been said. Sucker Punch does not intend to return to Ghost of Tsushima, unless imperative, and looks to the future.
Taking the shortcut and suggesting that the studio is working on a new Infamous or a Sly Cooper return, as implied in various rumors over the past few months, is a step we won’t take, but doubt is allowed. In the meantime, we leave you the patch note here.
Ghost of Tsushima: 2.18 patch note for PS5 and PS4
For this final patch 2.18, Suckerpunch mainly focuses on balancing Legends mode and fix a few bugs here and there, even in the title’s single-player mode.
- Fixed a bug where a teammate’s health could momentarily dip below zero, counting as a “death” in Custom Mode and Raid Trials which sometimes prevented the Hidden Heart cosmetic from unlocking
- Added a PS4 save import button to standalone versions of Legends (transfer PS4 console save). Be sure to click “Yes” on the import captions prompt
- Shared Wounds no longer causes Assassin to exit the Vanish skill.
- Added a new objective in Custom Game and Matchmaking. This will allow people looking to earn the “Hidden Heart” cosmetic to search for matches separately from those looking for a different Custom Mode experience.
- All legendary katanas have Master Stance perks by default, including stances unlocked through perks. If you have already unlocked a similar perk, you will be free to re-roll it.
- Legendary Charms can now gain benefits and properties previously limited to Class Exclusive Charms, if the Legendary Charm is tied to the specified class.
- Significantly reduced black powder bomb resolve gains
- Jumping Stone Bow no longer generates extra resolve from ricochet arrows
- Added Ammo perk to Gadgets and Demon Seeds
- Reduced the drop rate of Black Powder Bombs, Flash Bombs, Fire Arrows, and Armor Piercing Arrows from the Ammo perk
- Maximum Melee Resolve Gain property value increased to 25%
- Maximum Fire Damage property value increased to 20%
- Maximum property value Assassinate From Above Damage has been increased to 50%.
- Samurai skill Deep Strikes increased to +25% melee damage
- Fixed a bug where black powder bombs did not count towards certain mastery challenges
- Fixed a bug where Silver and Gold Survival missions were showing incorrect mission modifiers
- Fixed a bug in Survival where a ghost died in the brief time after the last wave, but before the scoreboard caused missing rewards
- Fixed a very rare bug where the Legends tutorial was impossible to complete
- Increased silk inventory held by New Game Plus merchant
- Fixed dialogue and cutscene issues in singleplayer