Polyphony Digital had tried to “rebalance” Gran Turismo 7 in its own way with patch 1.07, but faced with the anger of players, the studio will finally review its copy.
For several days, the PlayStation exclusive has been in turmoil. Review bombing making Gran Turismo 7 the worst game of Metacritic, cheating via Remote Play, acid comments on the networks…
Since patch 1.07 aimed at increasing the grind, excessively, a large majority of players pointed to a shameful and thinly disguised “pay to fast” policy. Eventually, the studio looked into the problem.
Polyphony Digital prefers its players to the microtransactions of Gran Turismo 7?
Polyphony Digital has just posted a short message for its community, announcing that it has taken feedback into account, and in a desire to offer the best possible experience to its players, decided to rectify the rewards issue.
Thank you for your continued support and feedback on Gran Turismo 7, your voices have not been ignored. I would like to apologize for the frustration and confusion caused last week with our patch updates which resulted in not only a server crash but also in-game economy adjustments which were made without a clear explanation to our community.
We know this isn’t the Gran Turismo experience you were expecting and we’ll be doing a goodwill gesture in the form of a free 1 million Cr pack. available for players who may have been affected. You will see this on your accounts shortly. Be sure to log into the game before April 25 to claim the credits.
The previously deployed patch update aimed to fix an issue with inconsistent reward payouts in a portion of World Circuit events. Corn, to restore the intended balance and provide more accurate rewards based on time invested and rewards, it was necessary to recalculate the system as a whole.
On this occasion, from next April, a patch (or several) will be deployed to correct the random readjustments of patch 1.07and even add other little things in the future.
- Increase event rewards for the second half of World Circuits by approximately 100% on average.
- Added high rewards for completing the circuit experience in all Gold / All Bronze results.
- Increased rewards in online races.
Includes a total of eight new one-hour endurance racing events at missions.
- These will also have higher reward settings.
- Increase the upper limit of unpaid credits in player wallets by 20M Cr. at 100M Cr.
- Increase the amount of used and legendary cars on offer at all times.
In parallel with these modifications, Polyphony Digital presented other improvements to come in the short or medium term, to make the experience even smoother.
- Increase the payout value of limited-time rewards as we grow as a live service.
- Other additions to the World Circuit event.
- Added endurance races to missions, including 24 hour races.
- Added online time trials and awarding rewards based on the gap of the player with the best ranked time.
- Make sure the cars can be sold.