Guerrilla has just rolled out a major update for its open world, on PS4 and PS5, which aims to fix a few issues here and there.
Sony’s exclusive, Horizon Forbidden West, may be an excellent title, but it has not escaped more or less annoying bugs. The developers therefore set out to repair the small problems as quickly as possible with the help of feedback from its community.
As promised, the studio has just rolled out a big patch that touches just about everything. There are bug fixes, targeted refinements and a touch-up on some graphical issues. You can find the patch note in detail just below:
Horizon Forbidden West: Patch Note 1.05
We are currently investigating several issues reported by the community: The team is prioritizing several graphical issues reported by players regarding screen flickering, sharpness, and saturation when moving the camera.
- Some players are experiencing an issue with infinite loading screens when trying to get into melee pits.
- Some players are experiencing an issue with Aloy’s outfit appearing blurry in photo mode.
- Some players are experiencing an issue in the “Reach for the Stars” main quest that blocks progress.
FIXES AND IMPROVEMENTS
- Fixed an issue in the “Reach for the Stars” main quest where reloading a certain autosave after completing the first quest could block progress.
- Fixed an issue during the “Eye of the Earth” interlude where Aloy could fall off-map after skipping a cutscene.
- Fixed an issue in the main quest “Cradle of Echoes” where Varl could get lost when reloading the save.
- Fixed an issue in the main quest “The Sea of Sands” affecting several grapple points.
Side quests and races
- Fixed an issue in the ‘Blood Choke’ side quest where Atekka appeared to be falling from the sky.
- Fixed a progression issue in the “Into the Fog” side quest related to fast travel during the quest.
- Fixed an issue in the “Night of Lights” side quest where a pull box could get stuck and block quest progress.
Activities around the world
- Fixed an issue where Relic Ruin: The Daunt could not be launched under certain circumstances.
- Fixed an issue in The Greenswell: Plowhorn and the Plants Salvage Contract where an optional objective could not be completed if the required item was sent to the player’s stash.
- A rogue tallneck near Sentinel Sand that sometimes changed its direction of travel has been disciplined.
- The Second Chance skill should now work correctly.
- Fixed an issue where the camera had an unintended position when using certain weapon abilities.
- Excessive image sharpening in HDR mode has been fixed.
- Fixed an issue where some settlements would enter the game and then exit under certain circumstances.
- Fixed an issue where the HUD would flicker when the player performs a looting action.
- Fixed an issue where rapidly opening and closing the map could cause graphical anomalies.
- Fixed an issue where Aloy’s animation would sometimes shake quickly when climbing after picking up a plant.
- Fixed a global issue where the gaze direction of Aloy, or some NPCs, was incorrect.
- Fixed multiple cases where Aloy, NPCs, or enemies could get stuck in geometry.
- Fixed an issue where roads and icons on the map would sometimes appear with a delay.
- Fixed several streaming issues and unintended loading screens.
- NPCs that seemed to suffer from insomnia and gather in large groups at night in villages should act more naturally now.
- Petra will no longer teleport to her seat inside the Chainscrape Brewery if followed immediately after the initial conversation with her.
- Fixed several crashes.
- Various performance improvements.
- Various other minor fixes and cosmetic improvements.