The Sony exclusive continues to update and notably fixes its bugs related to quests which could block progress in certain cases.
Aloy’s return is a complete hit and even dominated French sales for several weeks. Despite the more than positive reception from the press, like at home, and from the players, Horizon Forbidden West also had a lot of problems that sometimes hindered the adventure.
Since then, Guerrilla has deployed several patches to correct the situation and continues today with patch 1.08 on PS5 and PS4, which takes care of correcting bugs related to quests, but not only.
Horizon Forbidden West Patch 1.08, a jack-of-all-trades
In addition to the main and side quests, the patch also takes care of overall stability, graphics and other bugs much less disabling, but still there.
Horizon Forbidden West patch note 1.08, PS5 and PS4
- Fixed an issue in the Main Quest “On the Brink” where using Silent Strike on a quest-specific Bristleback would teleport the player to Chainscrape.
- Fixed an issue in the Main Quest “The Dying Lands” where Varl and Zo would sometimes sit idle outside of Plainsong and block progress.
- Fixed an issue in the main quest “The Dying Lands” where Aloy’s companions would not clear the way after restarting from a specific save.
- Fixed an issue in the main quest “The Shattered Sky” where reloading a certain save could sometimes unintentionally disable fast travel.
- Fixed an issue in the “Cradle of Echoes” main quest where loading a save created in the previous patch could cause Aloy to get stuck in the base.
- Fixed an issue in Main Quest “Thebes” where Aloy’s breath sounds would play during a cutscene.
- Fixed an issue in the “All That Remains” main quest where, when restarting from a certain save, Aloy would spawn in the base and could not exit.
- Fixed an issue in the side quest ‘The Bristlebacks’ where Ulvund did not receive the memo and remained in Chainscrape after the quest was completed.
- Fixed an issue in the side quest “What Was Lost” where Kotallo would sometimes become unresponsive when reloading from a specific save.
- Fixed an issue in the “Blood for Blood” side quest where Kavvoh and Arokkeh could not be interacted with under certain circumstances, blocking progress.
- Fixed an issue in the side quest “The Forbidden Legacy” where fast travel during the Slitherfang encounter could cause the machine to not respawn, blocking progress.
- Fixed an issue in the “The Roots That Bind” side quest where the “Go to the Drumroot” quest objective would not complete after damaging the Widemaws from a great distance.
- Fixed an issue in the “Call and Answer” side quest where killing enemies before receiving the quest objective could block progress.
Other points of interest in the open world
- Fixed an issue in the Gauntlet Run event where crossing the finish line in last position could result in a victory under certain circumstances.
- Fixed several display issues on the map for specific Flamegem and Metal Flower icons.
- Fixed an issue where Flamegem icons were not properly removed from the map after completing the corresponding activity.
- Fixed an issue where fast travel would be disabled under certain circumstances when loading a save made while playing Machine Strike.
- Fixed an issue where the Machine Strike UI would flash briefly when ending a game.
- Fixed an issue where Aloy would no longer appear wet after being in water.
- Multiple fixes and graphical improvements in cutscenes.
- Multiple visual improvements in shadows and clouds.
- Fixed an issue where Photo Mode controls were frozen when launching Photo Mode during a Swan Dive.
Performance and stability
- Fixed several bugs.
- Multiple performance and streaming improvements in cutscenes.
- Removed several unintended loading screens and black screens.
- Fixed several cases of streaming and visual bursting.
- Several improvements have been made to NPC movements and animations in settlements.
- It is now easier to label individual components when using motion aiming and scanning machines.
- When you pick up potions or tools that no longer fit in your tool belt, they are now moved to the supply.
- Several balances for weapons and enemies.
- Fixed several cases where Aloy could get stuck in geometry.
- Fixed an issue where the ‘All Machine Types Scanned’ trophy could be easily missed during the final main quest ‘Singularity’.
- Fixed mount call that could sometimes cause the flying mount to spawn in unwanted positions and in rare cases be unreachable.
- Several data points located in areas where the player could not return are now automatically unlocked when the player leaves that space.
- Fixed several cases of specific music tracks getting stuck and repeating.
- The team continues to investigate and fix reported graphical issues with screen speckle, sharpness, and saturation.
- Some players have reported multiple issues with various traversal types after the player fast travels to a campfire while hovering inside a tornado.
- Some players have reported an issue receiving the reward after completing the Black Box Collectible Coins activity.