Horizon Forbidden West receives a new patch, 1.09, which aims to correct many residual bugs and improve the stability of the software at the same time.
New batch of fixes for Horizon Forbidden West with patch 1.09 which attacks all aspects of the game. From problems that block the progress of certain quests to graphic bugs through the adjustment of the interface on PS4 and PS5.
Horizon Forbidden West: Patch Note 1.09 on PS4 and PS5
FIXES AND IMPROVEMENTS
- Fixed an issue in the Main Quest “The Dying Lands” where machines would get stuck behind an energy shield.
- Fixed an issue in the main quest “The Shattered Sky” where the player could get stuck in an invisible collision.
- Fixed an issue in the main quest “The Shattered Sky” where Dekka was standing behind the throne and could not be contacted.
- Fixed an issue in the side quest “The Second Verse” where Zo was not in Plainsong after completing all main quests.
- Fixed an issue in the “Drowned Hopes” side quest where the player could “open” rocks on the wrong side, halting progress.
- Fixed an issue in the side quest “The Flood” where Aloy could get stuck in the ground underwater after lighting flame fire.
- Fixed an issue in the “The Flood” side quest where carabiners could get stuck in a wall, out of Aloy’s reach.
- Fixed an issue in the “Thirst for the Hunt” side quest where the quest would not update after killing the Thunderjaw.
- Fixed an issue in the “Lofty Ambitions” side quest where Morlund could get stuck in a rock, leaving Aloy to face the Thunderbird alone while he cheered her on from a safe location.
- Fixed an issue in the “Into the Fog” side quest where the memorial marker could not be found in scrap heaps.
- Fixed an issue where, when switching between the “What Was Lost” side quest and the “First to Steal” side quest, it was impossible to interact with Kotallo.
- Fixed an issue in the “Supply Depot” side quest where Littay would get stuck under the terrain.
- Fixed an issue in the “Shining Example” Random Quest where the player could block progress by destroying Metal Flower Vines before the “Destroy Metal Flower Vines” mission objective appeared.
- Fixed an issue in the wandering quest “Sons of Prometheus Data” where ambushers have taken the term “ghost” to a higher level and are no longer present after dying.
- Fixed an issue in the “Kappa” Cauldron where the player could respawn in an out of bounds area.
- Fixed an issue in the Rebel Camp “First Forge” where reloading a specific save would cause the player to respawn under terrain.
- Fixed an issue in the “Colleague and Wrench” Salvage Contract where the player would get stuck in an “Examining Disc Launcher” animation.
- Fixed an issue in Relic Ruin “The Dry Yearn” where the Railroad Cart could get stuck behind a piece of rubble.
- Fixed an issue at Relic Ruin “The Long Coast” where a towable crate could get stuck in the water.
- Fixed an issue where black boxes could not be picked up.
- Fixed an issue where black boxes could not be put back with Untalla.
- Fixed issues when remapping specific button actions.
- Additional improvements to shimmer and sharpness.
- Performance and stability
- Reduced loading screens.
- Fixed crashes.
- Localization and spelling fixes.
- Fixed several issues that prevented 100% game completion in the Gradebook. Completers rejoice!
- Fixed several issues where the player could escape from a boss fight with a mount.
- Fixed an issue where Hunter’s Kit customizations would not persist after restarting the save.
- Rebalanced several combat mechanics.
in parallel, Guerrilla has announced that it is working on several other known issues.
We are currently investigating several issues reported by the community. Please note that these issues are not yet fixed in this patch, but our teams are aware of them and are investigating them.
- The team continues to make adjustments to game content in an effort to reduce visual speckle.
- During the “Blood Choke” side quest, Atekka does not use the ballista.
- The “Upgrade Each Pocket Type” trophy is not unlocking for some players after upgrading each pocket type – please note that for this trophy you need to have the food pocket which is collected after buying food from a chief.
- Some Firegleam and Metal Flower icons remain after being found/used.