New batch of patches for the PlayStation exclusive which aims, once again, to fix a lot of bugs, particularly related to quests.
Guerrilla Games does not let go of its foal and continues to refine it over the patches based on feedback from its community. This time, moreover, these are two patches that merge to make a single big update.
Horizon Forbidden West: Patch Notes 1.10 and 1.11 on PS4 and PS5
- Fixed an issue in the main quest “The Shattered Sky” where players were sometimes unable to interact with or follow Kotallo after fast traveling and progressing through other secondary content.
- Fixed an issue in the “Wings of Ten” Main Quest where in rare cases the objective would not update upon returning to base, blocking progress.
- Fixed several conditional progression issues in the “Thirst For The Hunt” side quest.
- Fixed an issue in the “Boom Or Bust” side quest where overriding one of the machines during the “Kill the Machines” objective would not progress the quest.
- Fixed several instances where machines would get out of player reach during side quest objectives, blocking progress.
- Fixed an issue where a cutscene would not play when visiting Kotallo in the Grove if players had completed the “Singularity” main quest before the “What Was Lost” side quest.
- Fixed an issue in the Rebel Devil’s Grasp camp where the “Search the Command Center” objective could not always be completed.
- Fixed an issue in the Rebel Camp of the First Forge where the player could fail to obtain the Bane of the Sun bow when reloading a save after looting Asera.
- Fixed an issue with Keruf’s “Missing Equipment” salvage contract where the contract could not be completed if the player had acquired several of the required items.
- Fixed an issue in Plainsong Hunting Grounds where Trials could sometimes not be started or completed.
- Fixed a progression issue in Melee Pits.
- Fixed an issue where player level, instead of kill count, could influence the spawning of Apex or Evolved machines in the open world, instead of standard variants.
- Fixed an issue with the Burrower where the Apex version would never spawn in the open world.
- Fixed an issue with the Tiller where the Apex version did not contain an Apex Heart.
- Fixed an issue with the Rock Breaker where “Mining Claws” could not be picked up from an Apex Rock Breaker after detaching it.
- Fixed an issue with the Thorn of Slaughtering where the Plasma Loot from the Apex Massacrethorn would contain a metal shard, instead of volatile slime and crystal braid.
- Changed drop rates for Scuttler “Scatter Tanks” loot.
- Fixed an issue with the Razoptere being able to stay in the air.
- Fixed an issue with Stormjaw where the normal (non-Apex) version would never spawn in the open world.
- Discipline of a Wavebreaker caught slipping in its designated habitat.
- Fixed an issue with the Bigmouth where its throat continues to spin after being killed.
- Fixed an issue where humanoid enemies, when landing the killing blow with a spike thrower, could become frozen in place instead of dying and falling to the ground.
- Rebalanced unintended change on legendary weapons.
- Fixed an issue with the Shadow of the Deathhunter upgrade path: increased the impact damage of advanced hunter arrows with the first upgrade.
- Fixed an issue with Deathseeker’s Shadow and Lightning Hunter’s Bow where crafting Shockhunter’s Advanced Arrows was drawing resources from the pool.
- Fixed an issue with shredders where sometimes the reload and throw animation would not play.
- Fixed an issue with Shards where advanced Shards used the same icon as normal Shards
- Fixed an issue with the Gear Satchel where the workbench menu shows the max number of Advanced Shards being increased to 12, but the actual max number in game was 11.
- Fixed an incorrect statement in the Purgewater tutorial text. The text read “Once in this state, their elemental attacks are disabled and they become more vulnerable to Frost and Shock attacks.” It has been changed to “Once in this state, their elemental attacks are disabled and their resistance to all damage and elemental states is reduced”.
- Fixed an issue with Coils and Weaves where mods that are meant to increase impact damage instead increase all damage.
- Fixed an issue with Coils and Weaves where Weaves that grant multiple defense increases display the Plasma Weave icon.
- Fixed a borderline case where pressing the “throw” action for Rocks would perform a Heavy Melee instead. Stealth gamers, don’t party too loud, the machines will hear you!
- Fixed an issue with Hunter Bows where the reload animation would play incorrectly when using elemental or advanced targeting arrows. Players should now be able to shoot arrows faster.
- Fixed an issue with Carja Wanderer, Nora Sentinel, and Nora Stalker armors where resistances would decrease when leveling them up.
- Activating a new quest prompt when it shows up in the HUD now correctly highlights that quest in the Quests tab of the journal.
- Fixed an issue where trying to access a workbench after selling all weapons would result in an infinite black screen.
- Action prompts and quest markers can now be hidden in custom HUD settings.
- Improved visibility in the underwater section of Relic Ruins: Isle of Spires.
- Changed the sort order of some vegetation elements to improve rendering time.
- Adjusted the dynamic resolution system for better scaling.
- Performance and stability
- Several crash fixes.
- Fixed several streaming issues in-game and in cutscenes.
- Added subtitles for the lyrics of the title track, “In The Flood”. It’s time for a karaoke session!
- Added a “Toggle” option in the Settings menu for loot actions.
- Fixed several control remapping conflicts.
- Fixed a default control conflict between Light Attack Rise and Select/Deselect Track in Focus Mode.
- Fixed an issue where Aloy could get stuck in an animation if a Valor Push was activated while using a zipline.
- Fixed an issue where killing a hovering Stormbird could sometimes cause its corpse to become stuck in a floating position.
- Fixed an issue where difficulty related settings could be enabled in difficulty modes that did not allow them.
- Fixed several cases where Aloy could get stuck in geometry.
- Multiple fixes to Aloy’s animations.
- Multiple audio fixes and improvements.
- Multiple fixes and improvements to lighting in cutscenes.
- Multiple fixes and improvements to body and face animations in cutscenes.
- Several fixes and improvements to NPC animations and NPC props in settlements.
- Several localization fixes and improvements.
- Several other bugfixes.
Known issues being fixed
We are currently investigating several issues reported by the community. Please note that these issues are not yet fixed in this patch, but our teams are aware of them and are investigating them.
- During the “Bloody Strangulation” side quest, Atekka does not use the ballista.
- The “Upgrade Each Pocket Type” trophy is not unlocking for some players after upgrading each pocket type – please note that for this trophy you need to have the food pocket which is collected after buying food from a chief.
- Players have reported that they can no longer trade with Abadund after completing his dialogue at the end of a side quest.
- Players cannot place landmarks in the open world within 500 meters of Aloy’s position.
- Players reported that newly acquired items were not displaying with the New (!) icon in their inventory.
- We also know of interrupted streams when playing at 1080p and 60fps, after saving in a campfire. To prevent this from happening, it is advisable to select a lower broadcast quality or framerate, for example, 1080p and 30fps, or 720p and 60fps.