Sony’s console is about to pull out all the stops with a major system update, but before that it will go through a beta phase.
The PS5 is regularly updated and optimized little by little. Soon, without precise date, Sony will put online a major upgrade for its PS5 system and many new options are to come. But for now, only test program participants are affected.
An XXL update: game list, new display, etc.
With these new additions, Sony intends to improve the user experience by making navigation more fluid, but also by offering new options. For example, it will soon be possible to opt for a display in 1440p native, or enjoy a better anti-aliasing with the oversampling, create lists of games or quickly join his friends in gameA whole program. For the moment, no release date has been revealed, but the patch is scheduled for later in the year. In the meantime, here are the details of these upcoming additions.
1440p HDMI video output on PS5
- Support for 1440p HDMI video output, allowing gamers to choose an additional visual setting on compatible PC monitors and TVs.
- If the game you are playing supports 1440p rendering, you can enjoy native 1440p output on your display.
- If you’re playing a game with a higher native resolution like 4K, you can get improved anti-aliasing by upsampling to 1440p output.
You can check if your HDMI device is compatible by selecting “Test 1440p output” under the “Display and video” options in the system settings.
- You will be able to create lists of games, to facilitate even more the organization of your games by going to the tab “Your collection”, then in “Create a list of games”. It will be possible to rename them.
You can have up to 15 lists and no less than 100 games in each of them.
Compare 3D audio and stereo audio
- You will be able to listen to and compare the difference between 3D and stereo audio on the same screen, then choose your preferred setting.
Easier access to current activities
- When resuming a game, current activities will be highlighted at the top of the hub to make it as quick and easy as possible to return to where you left off.
Request a split screen
- You will be able to ask your party members to start a screen share to watch their gameplay.
Game notification reachable
- When you join a group and a member is playing a game you can join, you will receive a notification. You can then join the game directly through this notification.
View profiles of new friends
- When you accept a friend request, you will now be able to see the person’s profile directly in the notification.
Send stickers and voice messages
- It will be possible to send stickers and short voice messages to your friends directly in a group.
Source : blog.playstation.com