The updates to bring some improvements, on a visual level among others, is not without causing certain problems on PC.
With its very recent update, Capcom has brought all the necessary elements to grant players versions of Resident Evil 2, 3 and 7 worthy of using the performance of new gen consoles, such as 4K support, the addition of 3D audio or even the haptic feedback of the PS5 controller. The PC was also affected by these contributions. However, this arrival was not without causing some problems.
Unable to play on PC with new versions
With the patch, the three games concerned have become difficult for some to launch, because if their machine could run the previous versions without any problem, it seems that with the brand new ones accessible from this June 14it’s a whole different story, since the minimum configurations formerly required have been revised upwards. In fact, users’ hardware may not necessarily support the new iteration.. And, if these players saw the possibility of returning to the state of the game with which they played with the contribution of the update, it was not.
Finally, this situation is now a thing of the past. Faced with strong demand from the community, Capcom gave them the opportunity to find the previous version. The Japanese company therefore split a message on the Steam blog to announce it and give some details on the procedure to follow to “cancel” the new features:
Due to massive community response, we have re-enabled the previous version which does not include ray tracing and enhanced 3D audio. Both the upgraded version and the previous version will be available in the future.
Please follow the steps below if you wish to revert to the previous version.
- Click LIBRARY in the Steam client.
- Right-click on the game and select “”Properties…””.
- In the context menu, select “”BETAS””.
- From the drop-down menu, select “”dx11_non-rt”” (Note: password is not required).
- Close the context menu and let the Steam client update the game automatically.
- Once the update is complete, you should be able to launch the game normally.
- Please note that some of the game options settings will be reset as a result of the rollback process.
If you want to update the game again with the new version, just select “None” from the drop-down menu in step 4 above.