No games at Gamescom for Sony, but an official announcement of its new Dualsense Edge customizable controller for PS5.
Although Sony was not present at Gamescom 2022, the manufacturer still shared a short trailer to highlight its new controller, confirming the many rumors about it.
The famous Dualsense Pro
Sony has demonstrated with its range of headsets and INZONE screen, it wants a place in the market of gaming equipment, and it also passes by the controllers;
The Dualsense Edge is a response to other gaming pads Nacon or Razor, and offers a lot of customization.
The joysticks will be interchangeable for example (no more drift) and can even be equipped with different caps (dome, curve, grip…) to best suit your needs. The triggers will also be adjustable. The Dualsense Edge will also have its own user interface with the touch of a button allowing it to fine-tune its settings, to create different profilesand even remap the keys. The emphasis is clearly on customization. DualSense Edge controller comes with a braided USB Type-C cable, which uses a connector to lock into the controller so it doesn’t slip out. A carrying case is also included that allows you to charge the controller via a USB connection while it is stored inside.
However, the controller still has no release date, not even a price range that we see already around the hundred euros.
Features of the Dualsense Edge PS5
- Ability to save multiple control profilesOnce you’ve found your ideal control settings, you can save them in unique profiles and switch between them on the fly. With the DualSense Edge wireless controller, you’ll always have your favorite controls for your games ready to go.
- User interface on the controllerDedicated Fn button allows you to easily adjust your setup while staying focused on the action in the game: quickly switch between your preset control profiles, adjust game volume and chat balance, and access the settings menu controller profile to configure and test new control iterations while playing.
- Interchangeable joystick caps and back buttonsInterchangeable stick caps: three types of interchangeable stick caps (standard, high dome and low dome) help you stay comfortable in the game while maintaining grip and stability. The two interchangeable sets of rear buttons (half-dome and lever) can be configured to be any other button input, putting more essential controls at your fingertips.
- Replaceable stick modulesPlay longer with the ability to completely replace each individual stick module on the controller (replacement stick modules will be sold separately).
- DualSense integrated wireless controller featuresDualSense Edge Wireless Controller: The DualSense Edge Wireless Controller retains the signature comfort and immersive experience (adaptive triggers, haptic feedback) of the DualSense Wireless Controller when playing supported games, including haptic feedback, adaptive triggers, built-in microphone, motion controls, etc.