Every Sunday, the editorial staff invites you to discover the essential video game news of the week. Here is the summary of what you should not miss from 30/01 to 06/02.
You haven’t been able to follow the video game news of the week, but you would like to know what information you should not miss?
Stop moving, you’ve come to the right place! VGR invites you to discover which news has had the most success in the world of your favorite consoles and games in recent days, here is the essential of the week from 01/30 to 02/06:
- Elden Ring: George RR Martin may be shocked according to Hidetaka Miyazaki (Monday 01/31)
FromSoftware would have completely changed the universe and the characters created by George RR Martin, the father of Game of Thrones.
- Horizon Forbidden West will not be able to supply all of its Regalla collectors (Thursday 03/02)
Bad news for those who pre-ordered the ultimate Horizon Forbidden West collector, your Regalla editions may never arrive.
- In Microsoft, there are now more Blizzard than Xbox (Tuesday 01/02)
An infographic published this week shows the share of Activision-Blizzard studios in Microsoft, in comparison with other video game subsidiaries including Xbox Game Studios.
- According to a report from Sony, the PS5 is lagging behind, and the PS4 is ahead of it (Wednesday 02/02)
The PlayStation 5 struggles to launch. more than a year after its release, production has stagnated to the point of seeing its older sister supplant it in terms of shipments. Judge instead.
- More PlayStation takeovers to come, the fightback is on (Monday 01/31)
Sony does not intend to sit idly by. Following the acquisition of Bungie, the PlayStation stable intends to expand with other takeovers
- Discord now linked to PlayStation consoles (Tuesday 01/02)
After refusing a takeover from Microsoft in 2021, Discord approached Sony. It’s now official: the platform allows the games of PS4/PS5 players to be connected to its system.
- The Last of Us (HBO) changes the date of the Outbreak Year and shifts it by 10 years (Thursday 03/02)
The producers of the series take some liberties in terms of chronology. Should we see a desire to break free from the original framework of Naughty Dog’s flagship license?
- Bungie takeover: 1.2 billion to ensure that the devs do not leave (Thursday 03/02)
Sony spent over a billion dollars just to keep Bungie’s talent out of the takeover, which equates to over a million per person.
- Sony acquires Bungie, creators of Halo and Destiny (Monday 01/31)
While the industry is still discussing the remarkable acquisition of Activision Blizzard by Microsoft, Sony is making a new acquisition: Bungie, the progenitors of the Xbox series Halo, and Destiny.
- Dying Light 2: Xbox Series and PS5 versions compared by Digital Foundry (Friday 04/02)
A recognized specialist in the field, “Digital Foundry” has put Dying Light 2 Stay Human under the microscope and gives us its verdict on video.
- Rockstar formalizes GTA 6, development is “well underway” (Friday 04/02)
This is certainly the most incredible news (or not) of this beginning of the year: the developers of Rockstar Games are of course on Grand Theft Auto VI. And according to the studio, it’s progressing!
- A new image of Cyberpunk 2077 in the PS5 database (Monday 01/31)
The new-gen Cyberpunk 2077 update release on PS5 and Xbox Series is expected to arrive very soon. A first image has been discovered on this patch which should add a lot of content.
- State of Play: 30 min of Gran Turismo 7 gameplay (Thursday 03/02)
Tonight, Sony held a State of Play to talk about the upcoming Gran Turismo 7, one of the most anticipated games of the year on the PS5.
- Gran Turismo 7 reveals its soundtrack and confirms Bring Me The Horizon (Friday 04/02)
Bring Me The Horizon is indeed on the soundtrack of Gran Turismo 7. In addition to this confirmation, Sony also reveals other names that will appear on the official album.
- Sony wants to become a GaaS factory: 10 service games before 2026 (Wednesday 02/02)
The takeover of Bungie will allow Sony to launch a major new IP, probably with live-service content. Naughty Dog is also on a project on the same model.
Do not hesitate to react to this weekly top in the comments!