Every Sunday, the editorial staff invites you to discover the essential video game news of the week. Here is the summary of what you should not miss from 27/02 to 06/03.
You haven’t been able to follow the video game news of the week, but you would like to know what information you should not miss?
Stop moving, you’ve come to the right place! VGR invites you to discover which news has had the most success in the world of your favorite consoles and games in recent days, here is the essential of the week from 27/02 to 06/03:
- Sifu teases a big update and upcoming skins (Monday 02/28)
Sloclap is doing a little teasing at the end of February and announces the arrival of a big update, as well as a batch of costumes for Sifu.
- Zain Nadella, son of Microsoft boss, died at 26 (Tuesday 03/01)
Suffering from a severe disability since birth, the son of Satya Nadella, CEO of Microsoft, was defeated by the disease on Monday.
- Elden Ring: Miyazaki Opens Up About The Difficulty Of FromSoftware Games (Wednesday 02/03)
FromSoftware loves challenging and demanding games, and while Elden Ring is certainly the most accessible of all the studio’s games, the developers don’t want to make any concessions on difficulty.
- The Elder Scrolls 6? No, it’s only The Witcher 3 with a successful FPS mod (Monday 02/28)
The now cult RPG from CD Projekt has just received the final version of a mod offering a first person view. The result is rather convincing and it is even ideal to wait for The Elder Scrolls 6.
- VRR deployed on Sony TVs… and therefore soon on PS5? (Wednesday 02/03)
Support for VRR, variable refresh rate technology, is being added to several Sony TVs via new firmware. The PS5 should soon be entitled to it too.
- Valheim receives its new major update (Tuesday 01/03)
Iron Gate’s survival game is not dead, far from it, and the software even takes a new step with its “Mountain” update.
- Did Babylon’s Fall flop as soon as it came out? (Friday 04/03)
Square Enix and Platinum Games’ game-service is already struggling to fill its servers even though it was just released.
- Elden Ring: George RR Martin reacts to the success of the software (Wednesday 02/03)
The success of Elden Ring is indisputable and the famous writer George RR Martin was also part of his little message.
- Battlefield 2042: DICE opts for a total overhaul and asks for your help (Thursday 03/03)
Battlefield 2042 has had it tough since its chaotic release. Mass bugs, design problem, balancing in cabbage… The players got angry, and DICE finally reacted by announcing a redesign.
- Sony files a patent to boost Ray Tracing on PS5 (Monday 02/28)
The Japanese manufacturer intends to upgrade its PS5 and is currently working on technology to improve the rendering of Ray Tracing.
- The official site of Silent Hill is bought by a little joker (Monday 02/28)
Konami obviously forgot to pay for the silenthill.com domain name renewal. Since this weekend, a strange site has opened instead.
- Elden Ring receives patch 1.02.2 on PC and PS5 to continue to optimize (Wednesday 02/03)
FromSoftware does not let go of its foal and keeps its promises, as evidenced by the deployment of a new patch to optimize performance.
- God of War Ragnarok dated for June 2022 according to a retailer’s site (Tuesday 03/01)
While the next PS5 / PS4 exclusive has not given any sign of life since its presentation during the PlayStation Showcase 2021. A small Chilean retailer is stalling a release window for this summer.
- Sony ships new prototype consoles, PS5 Pro in sight? (Friday 04/03)
Digging through the shipping records of Seair Exim Solutions, we can notice that Sony Interactive Entertainment has shipped a mysterious console prototype to one of its parent companies.
- Elden Ring: patch 1.002.001 on PC and PS5 fixes some of the bugs (Monday 02/28)
FromSoftware is wasting no time and is already deploying a first patch to rectify the issues raised by the PC and PS5 community.
Do not hesitate to react to this weekly top in the comments!