Every Sunday, the editorial staff invites you to discover the essential video game news of the week. Here is the summary of what you should not miss from 03/20 to 03/27.
You haven’t been able to follow the video game news of the week, but you would like to know what information you should not miss?
Stop moving, you’ve come to the right place! VGR invites you to discover what news has had the most success in the world of your favorite consoles and games in recent days, here is the essential of the week from 03/20 to 03/27:
- PS5 failure of 03/23: why the online service is no longer accessible? (Wednesday 03/23)
Following the latest firmware update on PS4 and PS5, the services of PS Plus and PSN, as well as some games, are no longer accessible for many players.
- GT7: players start cheater to counter the game’s “pay to fast” (Tuesday 03/22)
Gran Turismo 7 has been in turmoil since its famous patch 1.07. Between an increase in grind and the ensuing server outage, players are angry.
- The Last of Us HBO series: a first look at two important characters (Thursday 3/24)
The filming of The Last of Us series continues in full swing and two important new characters from the game have finally shown themselves
- A more powerful PS5 Pro available from the end of 2023? (Tuesday 03/22)
New rumors around the PS5 Pro come to throw oil on the fire and even give some details on what the specs of the Sony console could give.
- PS4 and PS5 update their system, with the announced arrival of the VRR (Wednesday 23/03)
New options for Parties, Game Base change and upcoming variable refresh rate support (on PS5) are on the program of this new update for Sony consoles.
- Cyberpunk 2077 welcomes patch 1.52 and still fixes a lot of bugs (Tuesday 03/22)
Cyberpunk 2077 is now available on all media and continues to update by fixing its bugs.
- The Witcher 3: a new secret is discovered 7 years after the game’s release (Monday 03/21)
The excellent The Witcher 3, which catapulted CD Projekt to the top, has yet to reveal all of its secrets, as evidenced by this new discovery.
- To help Ukraine, Humble Bundle is selling a pack of 123 games at €36 (Monday 03/21)
The Humble Bundle site offers to recover 123 items in a huge pack, the value of which is estimated at more than 2300 euros. All profits will be donated to humanitarian aid.
- Unity Unveils Digital Humans With 2022 Tech Demo (Monday 3/21)
Taking advantage of GDC 2022, Unity unveiled new improvements to its physics engine and in particular the realistic rendering of its virtual humans with the “Enemies” cinematic trailer.
- Spartacus, Sony’s ‘PlayStation Game Pass’ Unveiled Next Week? (Friday 25/03)
Sony may well formalize its in-house Game Pass, Project Spartacus, in just a few days.
- God of War Ragnarok will be released in 2022, and Sony says so (Friday 3/25)
Per Cröm, Sony is fed up with God of War Ragnarok postponement rumors. History to reassure everyone, Santa Monica reaffirms it: the Nordic apocalypse is coming in 2022
- PlayStation buys Haven Studio, Jade Raymond’s studio (Monday 03/21)
Sony continues its studio takeover policy and after Bungie, PlayStation gets its hands on Jade Raymond’s studio.
- Battlefield 2042: DICE has understood the lesson and would be on a new opus (Friday 25/03)
Battlefield 2042 failed to live up to expectations and ultimately picked up on gamers. This does not prevent the launch of the development of a new opus.
- LEGO Star Wars The Skywalker Saga first video impressions (Monday 3/21)
On the occasion of a private event with Warner Bros, we were able to play episode IV of the new LEGO Star Wars game. Here are exclusive gameplay images.
- A developer gives his first feedback on PSVR 2 at GDC (Thursday 03/24)
On the occasion of the GDC 2022 which is taking place at the moment, developers were able to try Sony’s new VR headset. And one of them seems very conquered by the object.
Do not hesitate to react to this weekly top in the comments!