Every Sunday, the editorial staff invites you to discover the essentials of the video game news of the week. Here is the summary of what not to miss from 12/12 to 19/12.
You weren’t able to follow the video game news of the week, but you would like to know what information you shouldn’t miss?
Don’t move, you’ve come to the right place! VGR invites you to discover which news has had the most success in the world of your favorite consoles and games in recent days, here is the essential of the week from 12/12 to 19/12:
- The 12-month PS Plus subscription at half price for a limited time (Monday 13/12)
The PlayStation Plus is paying a nice promo for the end of the year with a 1-year subscription at half price. And on December 18 and 19, it will be possible to try out multiplayer for free on PS4 and PS5.
- Keanu Reeves never played Cyberpunk 2077 (Monday 12/13)
Contrary to what the CD Projekt RED studio claimed, one of the heroes of Cyberpunk 2077 has never played the game.
- Bohemia Interactive (ARMA, DayZ) unveils its new Enfusion engine (Wednesday 15/12)
The developer of Operation Flashpoint and ArmA has unveiled its new in-house engine, which will be used for the next decade in the catalog of upcoming games.
- Details for FF7 Remake Intergrade on PC (date, configs, PS5 price …) (Monday 13/12)
In a few days, you will be able to enjoy Final Fantasy VII Remake on PC via the Epic Games Store. Here are all the details of this edition, including the price that may not appeal to players on the platform.
- A sequel or a remaster of The Order 1886 on PS5 in the boxes of Sony? (Thursday 16/12)
Would Sony have the idea of plunging us back into Victorian-era London with The Order 1886? In any case, the brand has just been redeposited in the United States.
- Gran Turismo 7 discusses the specifics of its PS5 version (Friday 17/12)
Gran Turismo 7 offers itself a new commented video to evoke, this time, the specificities specific to the PS5.
- Sony unveils the official PS5 facades and colors for the DualSense (Monday 13/12)
PlayStation is finally starting to market its official facades for the PS5, and everything is accompanied by new colors for the DualSense.
- After The Witcher, Henry Cavill is interested in another game adaptation (Tuesday 14/12)
The interpreter of Superman and Geralt of Rivia is a fan of video games. So much so that he would love to star in an upcoming Amazon production around the Mass Effect franchise.
- Horizon Forbidden West presents its machines and its PS4 version (Thursday 16/12)
For the first time, Guerrilla Games is showing what PlayStation 4 is capable of with the sequel to Horizon Zero Dawn. The PS5 is also highlighted again via a trailer that reviews the old and new mechanical enemies of this unprecedented adventure.
- For the creator of Silent Hill, a successful remake will be difficult to do (Wednesday 15/12)
While Konami was working on a return of the license, the creator of Silent Hill believes that a simple technical improvement of his game would not be enough.
- Minecraft, the first game to exceed 1000 billion views on Youtube (Wednesday 15/12)
Mojang’s track is the most watched on Youtube. An undisputed leader since the videos related to this game represent a trillion views, and it is only increasing!
- Microsoft admits its regret over the closure of Lionhead Studios (Monday 13/12)
In 2016, after turning the studio into an empty shell, Microsoft sounded the death knell for Lionhead. In a documentary on the history of the Xbox, the leaders come back to the mismanagement of this takeover.
- Ubisoft announces the first Splinter Cell remake of the name (Wednesday 15/12)
Ubisoft has just confirmed the development of a new Splinter Cell. However, this will not be a brand new episode.
- Hideo Kojima and Kojima Productions on a PS5 game? (Friday 12/17)
A few hours ago, the creator of Death Stranding and Metal Gear posted a photo of a PlayStation 5 devkit in action … then recanted. But is it really an announcement before its time?
- Xbox Game Pass Christmas titles are on the run (Tuesday 12/14)
The list of titles added to Xbox Game Pass from December 16 has been unveiled on the Internet. There is an excellent point & click, a bloody fighting game or the exclusive The Gunk.
Do not hesitate to react to this weekly top in the comments!