Every Sunday, the editorial staff invites you to discover the essentials of the video game news of the week. Here is the summary of what not to miss from 12/19 to 12/26.
You weren’t able to follow the video game news of the week, but you would like to know what information you shouldn’t miss?
Don’t move, you’ve come to the right place! VGR invites you to discover which news have had the most success in the world of your favorite consoles and games in recent days, here is the essential of the week from 12/19 to 12/26:
- One free game per day on the Epic Games Store, who’s next? (Wednesday 22/12)
A list leaked for a few days now shows 100% good information. Discover the possible future games of the daily free operation on the Epic store.
- January 2022 PS Plus games are on the run (Wednesday 22/12)
A racing game on PS5, a PS4 muso and a cooperative FPS should arrive on the PS Plus in the next batch, on January 4th.
- Gran Turismo 7 brochure announces more than 90 tracks and 420 cars (Tuesday 21/12)
Some figures are becoming clearer on the side of the simulation game Gran Turismo 7, through the promotional brochure distributed in Japan.
- PS Store: games at discounted prices with the “Super January promo” (Wednesday 22/12)
It comes back every year, the “Super promo for January” operation is launched on the PlayStation Store. More than 1000 items, including a bundle of PS4, PS5 and PSVR games offered with a discount of up to -75%.
- Ubisoft announces the arrival of 60 fps in Assassin’s Creed Origins (Tuesday, 12/21)
You will soon be able to enjoy Assassin’s Creed Origins in 60 fps. But for that, it will first be necessary to bring a PS5 or an Xbox Series.
- One of the best indie games of 2021 is free on the Epic Games Store (Monday 20/12)
Until December 31, Epic is offering you a free game every day, the opportunity to discover good independent nuggets like this game nominated for the Game Awards 2021.
- Micromania fined for its questionable practices (Tuesday 21/12)
But what is happening at Micromania? Some of you have undoubtedly noticed the huge yellow banner which spoils your unacknowledged pleasure of browsing your site. Here is its reason for being.
- Make room on your PS5 disc, Horizon Forbidden West will be heavy (Wednesday 22/12)
According to information released by an account specializing in the weight of games, the Guerrilla title should be among the heaviest on the PS5, but will offer a pre-download very early.
- Japanese singer and voice actor Sayaka Kanda has passed away (Monday 20/12)
35-year-old Japanese actress and singer Sayaka Kanda was found dead in Japan. She lent her voice to characters from Kingdom Hearts or Danganronpa.
- Elden Ring: game size and pre-download date known (Tuesday 12/21)
As is often the case, Twitter has revealed the first information about the upcoming Elden Ring download on PS5.
- The best and worst games of 2021 according to the editorial staff (Thursday 23/12)
On the occasion of the end of the year, we looked at the worst and best marks awarded by the editorial staff of “VGR” in 2021. With a 20/20 for an indie game recently arrived on consoles!
- Ubisoft is experiencing a massive and worrying “exodus” of its employees (Tuesday, 12/21)
In an investigation within the company, the French group would face a talent drain, attracted by other studios, especially in Canada where development is exploding.
- Michael Keaton to reprise Batman role in two films (Thursday 12/23)
The actors never stop going back and forth between Marvel and DC. In addition to The Flash, Michael Keaton will return to his first superhero role in the upcoming Batman Universe film.
- Five new exclusive images of Horizon Forbidden West (Thursday 23/12)
In the last edition of the magazine “Game Informer”, the game director presented 5 images including one that sheds light on the Burrower.
- GTA Trilogy: Rockstar offers compensation to PC players (Tuesday, 12/21)
Rockstar Games is offering compensation to players who have a PC copy of the much-criticized GTA Trilogy in their possession.
Do not hesitate to react to this weekly top in the comments!