Every Sunday, the editorial staff invites you to discover the essentials of the video game news of the week. Here is the summary of what not to miss from 01/02 to 01/09.
You weren’t able to follow the video game news of the week, but you would like to know what information you shouldn’t miss?
Don’t move, you’ve come to the right place! VGR invites you to discover which news have had the most success in the world of your favorite consoles and games in recent days, here is the essential of the week from 01/02 to 01/09:
- PSVR 2: the release in 2022 seems to be confirmed with new information (Monday 03/01)
Sony’s next headset, developed for the PS5, would go into production “soon” to ensure an arrival at the end of the year. Other details such as the number of copies available have been revealed.
- The PSVR 2 and its Sense controllers unveil their characteristics (Wednesday 05/01)
As expected, Sony took advantage of the CES 2022 exhibition to formalize its PS5 VR headset. It will be the PlayStation VR 2, and in the absence of images of the beast, we have the technical information. 4K OLED screens, Eye tracking … we take a tour of the owner.
- Dropped by its editor, the very realistic FPS Ready or Not at the top of Steam (Tuesday 04/01)
A few days ago, the tactical military game Ready or Not lost its publisher, Team17, supposedly due to controversial content. This did not prevent him from finding himself at the top of sales on Steam.
- What would Dino Crisis look like in Unreal Engine 5? (Thursday 06/01)
A 3D artist had fun recreating one of the characters and an emblematic setting of Dino Crisis under Unreal Engine 5, and the result is inevitably stunning.
- NFTs: what are they, and why are all publishers thinking about them? (Friday 07/01)
You have undoubtedly seen all these editors who are getting up to speed with NFTs. But many of you also do not know what that means. Let us try to summarize it simply.
- CES 2022: Naughty Dog (The Last of Us) is working on “several games” (Wednesday 05/01)
Sony took advantage of its conference at CES 2022 to present several products, but also to invite Tom Holland to speak about Uncharted. Neil Druckmann (Naughty Dog) also spoke.
- The Last of Us Remake approaching and TLOU 2 Director’s Cut in the pipeline? (Thursday 06/01)
This information comes from an insider who has proven himself in the industry, with leaks that have often been proven to be correct. Tom Henderson announces that two projects on The Last of Us will see the light of day in 2022.
- CES 2022: The Day Before presents a new gameplay video (Wednesday 05/01)
The very pretty survival-horror revealed all its technical potential during CES 2022, thanks to an RTX gameplay video broadcast by Nvidia.
- Days Gone: the sales figures given, finally a success? (Thursday 06/01)
In response to the latest sales of Ghost of Tsushima, game director Jeff Ross spoke for the first time about that of his baby Days Gone, with concrete data to support it, and also returned to the non-validation of a suite.
- Here are Shuhei Yoshida’s favorite indie games (PlayStation) (Sunday 02/01)
What were Shuhei Yoshida’s favorite indie games of 2021? The former president of Sony studios unveils the titles that have most marked him
- Is the Skull & Bones ship sinking some more? (Wednesday 05/01)
The deputy game director leaves Ubisoft and therefore leaves the project in the hands of his team. But on the side of the firm, still no news on the progress of the boat.
- Elden Ring: Demon’s Souls Remake puts pressure on developers (Tuesday 04/01)
It was during an interview that Hidetaka Miyazaki returned to the work that Bluepoint has done on the Demon’s Souls remake and its impact on the development of Elden Ring.
- The director of Playground Games (Forza) leaves the studio (Wednesday 05/01)
The studio co-founder in charge of Forza Horizon 5 and Fable is leaving the company after 12 years of service and management of five racing license games.
- The Ascent arrives on PS5 and PS4 according to the ESRB (Friday 07/01)
According to the American classification body, the Xbox-exclusive A-RPG will soon arrive on competing consoles. We expect the end of January.
- Horizon Forbidden West reveals two tribes in video captured on PS5 (Friday 01/07)
Almost a month from its release, Guerilla Games is expanding its communication a little more around the continuation of the adventures of Aloy. And this time it concerns the new tribes that you will be able to meet in Horizon Forbidden West.
Do not hesitate to react to this weekly top in the comments!