Every Sunday, the editorial staff invites you to discover the essential video game news of the week. Here is the summary of what you should not miss from 01/05 to 08/05.
You haven’t been able to follow the video game news of the week, but you would like to know what information you should not miss?
Stop moving, you’ve come to the right place! VGR invites you to discover what news has had the most success in the world of your favorite consoles and games in recent days, here is the essential of the week from 01/05 to 08/05:
- Sony will make a new acquisition, but which one: Warner? Square Enix? (Wednesday 04/05)
It has been rumors for weeks that Sony is about to get its hands on a new band or studio. Yes, but which one?
- Ahead of Breath of The Wild 2, remasters for two Zelda titles? (Wednesday 04/05)
According to Jeff Grubb, Nintendo could indeed release two of its titles this year while waiting for the release of Breath of The Wild 2.
- Marvel games would be the cause of the sale of Square Enix licenses (Tuesday 03/05)
Very soon after the announcement of the sale of the European branch of Square Enix to Embracer, observers saw a link with the failures of games under Marvel license, supporting figures.
- Bloodborne soon to be announced on PC and PS5? (Thursday 05/05)
A reputable insider, who previously announced the PS5 remake of Demon’s Souls, seems to indicate that news will be coming soon around another FromSoftware game, Bloodborne.
- Find a PS5: stock status and our price comparison (Monday 02/05)
In this period of shortage for new generation consoles, do not hesitate to come back to this article each time stocks are back, in order to have direct links.
- Ubisoft+ soon integrated into Game Pass: the studio gets tangled (Monday 02/05)
In a public message, the official Ubisoft account announced the upcoming arrival of the Ubisoft+ program in Game Pass, before correcting itself
- Elden Ring: a Youtuber breaks the game and kills all the bosses in less than 40s (Friday 06/05)
What? Elden Ring is too difficult? The bosses are abused? But no, watch this player slaughter them in less than a minute.
- Horizon Forbidden West receives its 1.13 patch (Thursday 05/05)
Horizon Forbidden West continues to improve and refine. Indeed, after its April update, the game now welcomes patch 1.13.
- PS Plus: Sony confirms that it has blocked the accumulation of subscriptions (Monday 02/05)
Sorry, no one will be able to save money by combining PS Plus and PS Now subscriptions, Sony preferred to stem the bleeding.
- The Guillemot brothers would be ready to buy Ubisoft themselves (Thursday 05/05)
While takeovers are legion lately, Ubisoft would also be in the crosshairs of several players in the industry, which does not seem to please its founders.
- FIFA 22 will soon have crossplay on PS5, Xbox Series and PC (Tuesday 03/05)
Electronic Arts has just announced that it will test FIFA 22 crossplay on a handful of platforms and a few game modes.
- [MàJ] Embracer acquires Square Enix Europe, with Eidos and Crystal Dynamics (Monday 02/05)
Tomb Raider, Legacy of Kain, Deus Ex or Marvel’s Avengers are now going under the Swedish flag with this new takeover by the giant Embracer Group.
- New York takes Activision Blizzard to court following Microsoft takeover (Thursday 05/05)
Activision Blizzard is still in turmoil and a new actor has just entered the scandal by filing a new complaint.
- PlayStation wants to step up the pace in the field of acquisitions (Monday 02/05)
Sony is currently looking for a director whose goal will be to carry out its future acquisition attempts.
- Forza Motorsport 8 finally on Xbox One? (Monday 02/05)
So far announced as a game exclusively destined to appear on Xbox Series and PC, an alleged leak of the game sows doubt.
Do not hesitate to react to this weekly top in the comments!