Every Sunday, the editorial staff offers you to discover the essential of the video game news of the week. Here is the summary of what you should not miss from 17/07 to 24/07.
You couldn’t follow the video game news of the week, but you would like to know what are the news you shouldn’t miss?
Don’t move, you’re in the right place! VideoGamesRepublic proposes you to discover which news have been the most successful in the universe of your favorite consoles and games these last days, here is the essential of the week from 17/07 to 24/07:
- Resident Evil Netflix: our opinion on the divisive series (spoiler free) (Tuesday 19/07)
After a rather average Resident Evil Infinite Darkness, the SVOD giant is back with a new series inspired by the Capcom license, but this time in live-action.
- The Last of Us Part 1 reveals gameplay and proves it’s a remake (Friday 22/07)
After the many leaks of the last few days, Naughty Dog decided to offer several minutes of commented gameplay to prove that it is indeed a remake.
- Resident Evil Netflix: links and differences with the games, we decipher everything (Tuesday 19/07)
The new Resident Evil series is available on Netflix and, although it tells an untold story, it is indeed rooted in the Capcom universe, or almost…
- PS5 in free fall in Europe while Switch and Xbox rock (Friday 22/07)
Sony is having a hard time selling its PS5 in a market in crisis, which leaves the field open for Nintendo and Microsoft to take the lead.
- Elden Ring gets an unexpected port (Wednesday 20/07)
While the fashion is for demakes, Elden Ring has the right to its own, taking us back to the best moments of the Nintendo console.
- Ubisoft cancels production of several titles (Thursday 21/07)
If Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora has been delayed, Ubisoft has also announced another bad news. Some games will never see the light of day.
- God of War Ragnarok: the release date would, in fact, have been advanced (Monday 18/07)
Tweets about the release date of the long-awaited God of War Ragnarok are circulating at the moment. And, as mentioned, the release date has actually been moved up.
- PS Plus: Final Fantasy 7 Intergrade is not free for all (Tuesday 19/07)
Sony’s new PS Plus program is acting up, and a portion of gamers aren’t getting access to Final Fantasy 7 Remake’s DLC.
- The Last of Us Part 1 shows off gameplay that’s already dividing fans (Thursday 21/07)
The leaks are multiplying for the remake of The Last of Us and today we are entitled to gameplay and information about it.
- The Last of Us Part 1: new images and info leaked on the web (Wednesday 20/07)
The Last of Us remake has leaked some information on social networks as well as a handful of images.
- Stray: everyone loves the game, especially the cats (Friday 22/07)
Freshly released, Stray is shaking up social networks where even our feline friends seem to be won over by Annapurna’s game.
- Assassin’s Creed: heading to Asia for a new episode of the series (Friday 22/07)
It’s among bad news that the Assassin’s Creed series has been talked about. We learn some elements about the direction it should take.
- PS Plus: Sony fixes the problem with Final Fantasy 7 Remake Intergrade (Thursday 21/07)
While it’s available on PS Plus, players who tried to get their hands on Intergrade ran into a problem. It is now no longer available.
- Final Fantasy 10 sales update (Wednesday 20/07)
Final Fantasy X and its sequel reveal their new sales figures. These include those of the remastered compilation originally released in 2013.
- Released on July 19, Stray becomes Annapurna’s best release (Wed. 20/07)
Released on PlayStation and PC, Stray has obviously not gone unnoticed. This July 19, the game has indeed made a small success. The numbers speak for themselves.
Feel free to react to this weekly top in the comments!