The action-adventure game, set in feudal Japan, is back. Along with never-before-seen gameplay snippets, Devolver Digital has announced the Japanese cast that will voice the characters.
With his Kurosawa atmosphere, Trek to Yomi caught the eye of more than one player and the latest State of Play trailer should have the same effect on them. What we didn’t see coming is that there is a more fantastical/paranormal side behind this classic story:
A young warrior swears on his venerable master’s deathbed to protect his city and the people he loves from all outside threats. Wracked by tragedy, driven by duty, this lonely samurai embarks on a journey beyond life and death to find his way and pave the road to his own destiny.
A quest for loyalty with Japanese voice acting
Very cinematic this trailer lifted the lid on the game’s voice cast and good news, there will be Japanese voices to soak up the atmosphere created by the title. And it won’t be just anyone since in the lot, several have experience in the world of video games or even animation.
We will thus have:
- Akio Otsuka (Solid Snake/Big Boss in the MGS saga, Ghost of Tsushima…) in the role of Kagerou
- Masayuki Katou (Naruto: Shippuden, Street Fighter 5) asHiroki
- Sarah Emi Bridcutt (KOF 15, Fire Emblem: Three Houses) asAiko
- Hiroshi Shirokuma (Injustice: Gods Among Us, Resident Evil Village) as Sanjuro
- Hiroki Goto (Overwatch, Hunter X Hunter) as Sadatame
Trek to Yomi will be available at spring 2022 on PS5, PS4, Xbox Series, Xbox One and PC. He will be also in Xbox Game Pass.