Home News Gambling Twitch’s decision against online casinos favors Kick

Twitch’s decision against online casinos favors Kick

1025
0

As of Tuesday, October 18, 2022, the Twitch platform updated its terms of service by banning certain types of content related to gambling on the web, resulting in a drop of about 20% in viewers.

Here’s something to offer a royal road to alternative services.

One of them supported by the online casino Stake seems to be well on its way to making a name for itself.

This is Kick, which has just welcomed the successful streamer Tyler “Trainwreck” Niknam.

An update on recent Twitch updates

Launched during the month of June 2011, Twitch is a live video streaming service originally specialized only in video games. As it has become a must-have on the web, it has gradually opened up to other sectors.

Nevertheless, some of the platform’s most popular streamers began to complain about content related to online games, prompting Twitch to back off on that front.

So, on Tuesday, September 20, a ban on videos related to online casinos has been announced for an effective implementation from October 18th. However, content related to poker and sports betting is still allowed.

READ :   Evolution's Teen Patti released at Cresus Casino

In addition, Twitch has also changed its monetization policy. Previously, the platform recovered only 30% of revenues and left the remaining 70% to the streamers.

Lately, it has decided to split 50/50 from now on for revenues above $100,000.

Kick seeks to attract streamers and their community

Of course, these different developments do not please many content creators on Twitch, including Tyler “Trainwreck” Niknam. Even though he has more than 2.1 million followers, he announced that he was leaving the platform. He criticizes its inconsistent policies in terms of online games and monetization. According to him, it offers no financial security.

That’s why he decided to move to Kick, which by the way only recovers 5% of the revenue, leaving no less than 95% to the streamers.

With these advantageous conditions, this service intends to attract a lot of content creators and their community in order to motivate advertisers to open their wallets. It should be remembered that online games were an important part of Twitch.

READ :   a record for the Las Vegas airport

The Slots category alone, for example, recorded about 31 million hours of viewing, in the month of April 2022 and this figure even reached 50 million hours only 4 months later. This shows that the theme was growing.

The links between Kick and Stake

Not long ago, youtuber Stephen ‘Coffeezilla’ Findeisen discovered links that existed between Kick and Stake. This online casino specialized in cryptocurrencies were extremely active on Twitch. In particular, he launched a channel in partnership with the rapper Drake in which the latter can be seen playing big.

So it’s no surprise that Stake is getting closer to another live video platform. Nevertheless, these links could eventually be detrimental to Kick, as well as its commitment to online gaming.

For this, Twitch was under threat of being banned in the United States, South Korea, Russia and China, for example.

Previous articleWhat online casinos are legit in the USA?
Next articleHat-Trick Roulette pays tribute to soccer on Nevadawin