Every Sunday, the editorial staff offers you to discover the essential of the video game news of the week. Here is the summary of what you should not miss from 10/07 to 17/07.
You couldn’t follow the video game news of the week, but you would like to know what are the news you shouldn’t miss?
Don’t move, you’re in the right place! VideoGamesRepublic proposes you to discover which news had the most success in the universe of your favorite consoles and games these last days, here is the essential of the week from 10/07 to 17/07:
- The Last of Us Remake: a scam? An ex-developer speaks out (Monday 11/07)
The Last of US Part I is not yet released that it is already strongly criticized by several disgruntled gamers who cry hold-up. A former employee of Naughty Dog speaks out on the subject.
- Resident Evil Netflix: time, release date and info (Wednesday 13/07)
Netflix reminds us of the release date of its Resident Evil series with a short clip and thousands of bloodthirsty zombies.
- Sony launches PlayStation Stars, a program that aims to be beneficial (Thursday 14/07)
Sony unveils a brand new program that will be offered to PlayStation players that will allow them to acquire certain rewards.
- God of War Ragnarok: Cory Barlog says it will be “IMPRESSIVE” (Wednesday 13/07)
Now that we are finally set on the release date of God of War Ragnarok. The creative director of the studio, Cory Barlog, has been giving us little speeches on twitter that have been building up the hype around the next title from Santa Monica Studios.
- [MàJ] Bayonetta 3: a release date finally revealed on Switch (Wednesday 13/07)
After the leak, PlatinumGames’ beat’em all has officially announced itself in a new video that confirms the 2022 release date.
- Red Dead Redemption 2: now dead, players bury the game (Wednesday 13/07)
It’s the end for the online mode of Red Dead Redemption 2, Rockstar has announced that it will not release any more major content and players are already mourning the disappearance of their favorite game.
- Assassin’s Creed Rift: the next episode should take place in Baghdad (Thursday 14/07)
Information is trickling out about the next installment of Ubisoft’s flagship license, Assassin’s Creed. But according to Jason Schreier, a journalist at Bloomberg, the next adventure will take place in Baghdad.
- PS Plus Premium: retro games for August 2022 already known? (Friday 15/07)
PlayStation Blog Italy would have made a blunder by announcing retro titles a bit early and that will make people happy.
- Red Dead Redemption 2: in the end, there is hope for the new gen version (Thursday 14/07)
The rumors circulating around Red Dead Redemption 2 and its new gen version are not very reassuring. However, it seems that there may still be some hope.
- Big releases from Bandai Namco are circulating on the Web (Tuesday 12/07)
Yesterday, we learned that Bandai Namco would have been the victim of a cyber attack. Shortly after, content indicating possible future releases appeared.
- [MàJ] Ubisoft games will be unplayable very soon (Monday 11/07)
While we recently learned that the servers of some of Ubisoft’s games will be closed, it seems that this will go as far as the withdrawal of some titles.
- Amazon Prime Day offers 30 free games including some very big EA titles (Tuesday 12/07)
To celebrate summer Amazon is offering no less than 30 games with Prime Gaming, including Mass Effect Legendary Edition, Need For Speed Heat and Grid Legends.
- Bungie is now part of PlayStation Studios (Friday 15/07)
Last January, PlayStation announced the acquisition of Bungie. However, it still had to be validated. It is now done.
- God of War Ragnarok will use all the potential and assets of the PS5 (Friday 15/07)
The promotional campaign for Santa Monica Studio’s upcoming title is starting to heat up, and some retailers are reportedly giving away a few tidbits about the features God of War Ragnarok will have on board.
- Haven officially joins PlayStation Studios (Monday 11/07)
A few months after the announcement of the purchase of Jade Raymond’s company by Sony, the sale has been completed and Haven officially becomes a PlayStation Studios entity.
Feel free to react to this weekly top in the comments!