Since its release, Dying Light 2 continues to be patched up, and this time the serious things start with patch 1.2.
Techland recently deployed a major update for Dying Light 2 and the studio has obviously fixed a lot of bugs, some of which could cause real big problems in-game, such as the “deathloop”, or crashes during quest scripts.
Dying Light 2 is rolling out its patch first on PC and later on consoles
For now, patch 1.2 is only available on PCcorn an equivalent will arrive very soon on consolessince the problems, although very present, are different on PlayStation and Xbox.
Broadly speaking, the update tackles an army of bugs affecting the following points:
- Story progression
- co-op mode
- Nightrunner Tools
- Combat improvements
- Ragdoll behavior
- Night balancing
- UI/UX improvements
- Final boss fight
- Outro improvements
- Technical improvements
- And a brutality pack, which will bring many immersive details to close combat!
Techland did not share the list of details, which we imagine to be particularly long for once, but did provide us with an overview of the biggest changes, to be seen below.
Dying Light 2 Patch Note 1.2 PC
- Eliminated all reported cases of “Deathloops” (bug that was killing our characters in chains)
- Bugs fixed on several quests which are: Into The Dark, Assassination, Sophie, Hubert in The Only Way Out, Veronika, Nightrunners, The Lost Light, Double Time
- Stability issues fixed: crashes or black screens in certain situations (co-op).
- Chase level 4 is now more difficult
- The range of the Howler’s senses is increased
- Survivor Sense now works correctly and can be triggered without any cooldown after being hit or performing specific parkour actions.
- Improvements to the architecture of the Information menu options including an Accessibility tab
- Fixed an issue where the opponent did not react correctly to other players and did not change behavior which could lead to several glitches when playing Co-op
- Banshees and Chargers are now easier to distinguish among Infected populations at night
- Added a special mode that optimizes on-screen graphics to allow Dying Light 2 to run on older computers and laptops
- Improvements related to PC DX12 cache. The first launch of the game and the gameplay will thus be more fluid
- AVX technology is no longer used in the game, which resolves issues with the game crashing on launch.
The players computer can now enjoy an improved experience. PS5 players, PS4, Xbox Series and Xbox One as for them, they will have to wait a little longer before seeing a similar patch arrive in the coming days.