Nintendo’s sports game is getting an update, bringing new features to the activities presented by the title.
While Mario Strikers: Football League has benefited this Friday, July 22 an update adding two characters and an arenaNintendo’s other sports game (Nintendo Switch Sports) – which has had some success in France since its release – is also entitled to its own.
New features added
Arriving today (wednesday 27 july), the update 1.2.0 allows the integration of new features. Regular players will notice some improvements and additions to the following activities: soccer, volleyball and bowling. This translates, for example, into the arrival of of new actions, new ranks in the professional league .
In addition, Nintendo has made some fixes to address some bugs and some adjustments regarding the multiplayer.
Patch note 1.20
- One-on-one and four-on-four soccer can now be played using the leg strap.
- Play Globally – On the sports selection screen, highlight soccer and press the X button.
- Play locally – On the screen showing how to hold the Joy-Con controllers, press the + button.
- Playing with friends: on the screen showing how to hold the Joy-Con controllers, press the + button.
- A new camera mode has been added. To use it, go to the sport selection screen, then to Options? User settings? Other (for two-handed mode only).
- The camera can now be reset during the game by pressing the X button.
- Players will no longer jump too high on repeated kicks, and it should also be easier to jump to the maximum height (for two-handed mode only).
- You can now perform sliding attacks, a coordinated move where a player crosses the court before jumping to smash the ball.
- To perform a slide attack, move the stick from left to right after hitting the ball. This move is ideal for catching opponents off guard.
- To block a slide attack, move quickly towards the opponent who is about to smash the ball using the stick to get into position.
- You can now perform rocket serves.
- When you serve, throw the ball high and hit it on top to perform a rocket serve.
- The way the pins fall has been adjusted.
- It is now slightly more difficult for pins to fall when playing in a straight line.
- It is now slightly easier for pins to fall when playing with a curve.
Playing on a global scale
- The S rank and the ? (infinity rank) have been added to the professional leagues.
- Those who were at ranks A30 to A39 before the software update will be moved to ranks S0 to S9.
- Added setting to disable display of nicknames and titles of opponents.
- This setting is located on the sport selection screen. Go to Options? User settings? Other.
- Strengthening measures against disruptive behavior.
Playing with friends
- When you create a room, you can now choose to give it a room ID. This will allow you to play online matches even if your opponent is not a friend.
- Create a room with a room ID
- Host – In Create a new room, check the Room ID option (Invite anyone via ID). Make a note of the room ID you see, then select OK.
- Note: Your room ID will also be displayed on the member reception screen. Give the room ID to the people you want to invite to the room, then wait on the Member Reception screen.
- Guests – Press the + button in Join Room, then enter the room ID.
- A new difficulty option called Auto Select is available for bowling when playing with friends. This option measures the average skill of participating players to set the overall difficulty.
- An icon is now displayed if a player’s connection becomes unstable during online play.
- If an opponent’s connection becomes unstable, the icon will also appear on your own screen.
- If you see this icon often, see our troubleshooting online latency problems.
- A message is now displayed when the Joy-Con controller connection becomes unstable during gameplay.
- If this message appears frequently, please see our troubleshooting of Joy-Con connection problems.
- Several issues have been fixed to improve the gaming experience.