Every Sunday, the editorial staff invites you to discover the essentials of the video game news of the week. Here is the summary of what not to miss from 05/12 to 12/12.
You weren’t able to follow the video game news of the week, but you would like to know what information you shouldn’t miss?
Don’t move, you’ve come to the right place! VGR invites you to discover which news has had the most success in the world of your favorite consoles and games in recent days, here is the essential of the week from 05/12 to 12/12:
- An 8K VR headset unveiled by Sony, but it’s not the PSVR 2 (Wednesday 08/12)
As PlayStation gamers stand firm for the new PSVR 2 headset, Sony unveiled a revolutionary new micro-OLED headset at its Technology Day.
- The Matrix Awakens: the experience is available for pre-download on PS5 / Xbox (Tuesday 07/12)
As we had anticipated, The Matrix experience running on Unreal Engine 5, will be revealed during the Game Awards 2021.
- 10 minutes of Matrix experience gameplay on Unreal Engine 5 (Friday 10/12)
If you haven’t played the Tech Demo on PS5 and Xbox Series around Matrix, here are a few minutes of gameplay to appreciate the beauty of “the game” in Unreal Engine 5.
- Abandoned: the Prologue is coming, the date of February 1 appears (Monday 06/12)
The official PS5 game page and website have updated: The Abandoned Prologue will be released in the first quarter of 2022, but we have already discovered the date.
- TGA 2021 – Quantic Dream lifts the veil on Star Wars Eclipse (Friday 10/12)
Quantic Dream was indeed on a Star Wars game, which took advantage of the Game Awards 2021 ceremony to reveal itself.
- TGA 2021 – Alan Wake 2 reveals itself (Friday 10/12)
You dreamed of it. Well, here it is: after years of speculation, Alan Wake II has come true.
- Sony is removing Uncharted 4 and The Lost Legacy from PlayStation Store (Tuesday 07/12)
Uncharted 4 and The Lost Legacy are no longer available for sale on the PlayStation Store. On the other hand, it is always possible to access it via the pack bringing together the two opus.
- Daredevil will be back in the MCU, the Punisher lays down a condition (Thursday 09/12)
If Charlie Cox’s return to the Marvel Cinematic Universe is almost complete, Jon Bernthal, the Punisher, has a condition to follow.
- Game Awards 2021: times, guests and nominees, all about the event (Wednesday 08/12)
Do you want to follow the traditional video game Oscars ceremony, the Game Awards? Check out our full event guide right here.
- “There will be Xbox Series for Christmas, but …” (Thursday 09/12)
Ina Gelbert, the director of Xbox France, has tried to reassure players looking for an Xbox Series, but it will still be necessary to be patient.
- A PlayStation executive, PSN vice-president, accused of pedophilia (Monday 06/12)
Sony confirms having fired its senior vice-president of PlayStation Network when he seemed to be involved in a dark history of pedophilia.
- Warzone Pacific: the roadmap has just been unveiled (Tuesday 07/12)
Activision has just released its roadmap for the very first season of Warzone: Pacific. For more information, it’s here!
- Activision-Blizzard officially banned from the Game Awards 2021 (Thursday 09/12)
Accused in several cases of harassment and obstruction of trade union rights, the Activision-Blizzard group is excluded from the annual video game awards event.
- Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection is released on PS5 with a paid patch (Tuesday 07/12)
We know more about the PlayStation 5 release of the Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End and Uncharted: The Lost Legacy compilation. Even for current owners of both games, it will be necessary to check out for technical improvements.
- PlayStation validates a patent related to Death Stranding (Thursday 09/12)
Aware of the atypical proposition of the game of Hideo Kojima, Sony Interactive Entertainment sees a patent, filed in 2019, being granted today. It concerns the alteration of environments by players.
Do not hesitate to react to this weekly top in the comments!