Every Sunday, the editorial staff invites you to discover the essentials of the video game news of the week. Here is the summary of what not to miss from 12/26 to 01/02.
You weren’t able to follow the video game news of the week, but you would like to know what information you shouldn’t miss?
Don’t move, you’ve come to the right place! VGR invites you to discover which news have had the most success in the world of your favorite consoles and games in recent days, here is the essential of the week from 12/26 to 01/02:
- Battlefield 2042, a product placement that does not pass (Wednesday 29/12)
Some users have railed against EA after discovering the presence of advertising for a brand of gaming in the maps of the new Battlefield 2042.
- PS Plus: games offered for January 2022 confirmed (Thursday 12/30)
Unsurprisingly, the leak was indeed one: Sony confirms the arrival of the three PS Plus titles previously announced.
- More than 30 games are already confirmed on Xbox Game Pass for 2022 (Wednesday 29/12)
The Xbox Game Pass will already have more than 30 games for next year, thanks to the upcoming day one releases on Xbox. And the list will obviously go on and on.
- Souls-Like Father Won’t “Play” Elden Ring For Good Reason (Wednesday 12/29)
The boss of FromSoftware and creator of Elden Ring has confessed that he will not be playing his own game, although it is “very close” to his ideal title.
- The names of the last three games offered by Epic already known? (Tuesday 28/12)
Epic Games Store offers free play every day to its users. A list reveals the names of the last gifts of the year, including a much-loved trilogy.
- On PC, Battlefield 2042 players return to Battlefield V (Tuesday 12/28)
For several days, Battlefield V has been picking up steam on PC. The players are much more present on the opus of 2018, preferring it to the last title of the franchise.
- “Abandoned will not be an AAA, review your expectations” (Sunday 12/26)
After giving some news on the “technical demo” of the PS5 game to come, the founder of Blue Box Game Studios has again pinned his detractors and indicates that one should not expect a AAA.
- After his date, God of War Ragnarok gets a classification (Thursday 12/30)
While we still do not have confirmation on the release date of the new game in the God of War franchise, it has obtained an official classification in Saudi Arabia.
- Marvel’s Avengers: a new Black Widow costume … and She-Hulk soon? (Thursday 12/30)
The actress who is to play She-Hulk in the next DLC has obviously sold the wick. Banner’s cousin could arrive in 2022. In the meantime, Black Widow finds her black suit.
- The Japanese elect the top 100 console games (Thursday 12/30)
In a large poll on Japanese television, 50,000 participants voted the best console game of all time.
- “Missouri”, “Midnight”, “Belfry”, “Cobalt”: all those secret Xbox projects (Thursday 12/30)
Microsoft would have a dozen secret projects in the pipeline to water its Xbox consoles in the years to come. We take stock of Project Midnight, Project Belfry and all the others.
- Test of the PC version of Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade (Tuesday 12/28)
Recently, it has also become possible to launch into the famous Square Enix title on PC, so let’s see what this port of the PS5 version of the game is worth?
- Fall Guys: when will it be released on PS5, Xbox and Switch? (Wednesday 29/12)
This is a question the Fall Guys gaming community often asks. After several postponements and announcements, it seems that everything will happen in 2022, perhaps at the start of the year.
- Soon two video games on Eric Zemmour? (Tuesday 28/12)
In a communication campaign targeting digital technology and young people, the 2022 Presidential candidate would also have two video games planned to his glory.
- Kojima Productions: two games of different sizes in development (Tuesday 28/12)
By lending himself to the 2022 wishes in the columns of Famitsu, Hideo Kojima once again announced his next projects. There will be games but also an opening to other media via the Los Angeles studio.
Do not hesitate to react to this weekly top in the comments!