Every Sunday, the editorial staff offers you to discover the essential of the video game news of the week. Here is the summary of what you should not miss from 21/08 to 28/08.
You couldn’t follow the video game news of the week, but you would like to know what are the news you shouldn’t miss?
Don’t move, you’re in the right place! VGR proposes you to discover which news had the most success in the universe of your favorite consoles and games these last days, here is the essential of the week from 21/08 to 28/08:
- PS5: price increase in France, it will hurt a lot (Thursday 25/08)
What had to happen happened, Sony put itself at the same level as everyone else and increased its prices. An inflation that will hurt.
- Sony unveils the release window of its PSVR 2 headset (Tuesday 23/08)
It’s official: Sony took advantage of our sleep to broadcast on its Twitter the release date of its new virtual reality headset. In three words. Simple, basic.
- The Tintin franchise is back with a new adventure game (Monday 22/08)
After relaunching the Asterix franchise in the video game, Microids is tackling a well-known reporter from the comics.
- [MàJ] Electronic Arts to be acquired in the near future (Friday 26/08)
According to some sources, the buyout of EA is coming. And, it should be announced sooner than one might think. It would even be a matter of a few hours.
- Sony offers Playstation Plus to everyone for a weekend (Tuesday 23/08)
You don’t have a Playstation Plus to play with your friends? Sony has thought of you, because for one weekend, everyone can enjoy online games.
- EA bought by Amazon? The rumor gets clearer (Friday 26/08)
At the beginning of the day, the news fell. However, it was quickly denied. But, we were still waiting for the end of the story. This is now done.
- New setback for the remake of Star Wars KOTOR (Tuesday 23/08)
The remake project of the famous game Knights of the Old Republic keeps on having twists and turns in its development. Now it’s changing hands…
- Sony unveils its new Dualsense Edge controller for PS5 (Wednesday 24/08)
No games at Gamescom for Sony, but an official unveiling of its new customizable Dualsense Edge for PS5.
- Need for Speed (2022): gameplay leaked on the Web (Friday 26/08)
Yet scheduled for a release in 2022, Need for Speed has yet to show everything about it. However, some images from its development have leaked.
- Gran Turismo 7 will roll out a new update very soon (Monday 22/08)
Gran Turismo 7 will be rolling out a new update very soon and will receive additional content.
- After selling its studios… Square Enix opens another one (Thursday 25/08)
Square Enix, which has divested itself of its European branch and its major licenses, may soon announce the creation of a new subsidiary in Quebec.
- Gran Turismo 7: patch 1.20 is here with three new cars and more (Wednesday 24/08)
The car simulation welcomes a new patch, three new cars, tracks and a slew of fixes.
- Meta finally says goodbye to Facebook accounts (Saturday 27/08)
The main criticism of Quest 2 has finally been heard by Meta: the requirement for a Facebook account is now a thing of the past.
- Gamescom 2022: Where Winds Meet announces itself with an impressive trailer (Tuesday 23/08)
Among all the announcements of the conference, this one probably attracted particular attention. It must be said that this adventure in a medieval China looks quite tempting.
- Nintendo Store gets a makeover with new and much anticipated features (Tuesday 23/08)
Nintendo’s online store is finally back online after several weeks of maintenance. Good news, the additions will satisfy a good part of the regular buyers.
Feel free to react to this weekly top in the comments!