Every Sunday, the editorial staff offers you to discover the essential of the video game news of the week. Here is the summary of what you should not miss from 31/07 to 07/08.
You couldn’t follow the video game news of the week, but you would like to know what are the news you shouldn’t miss?
Don’t move, you’re in the right place! VideoGamesRepublic proposes you to discover which news had the most success in the universe of your favorite consoles and games these last days, here is the essential of the week from 31/07 to 07/08:
- Modern Warfare 2: images leaked on the net and confirm the rumors (Wednesday 03/08)
Players have once again broken embargoes to leak several images of the game, confirming at the same time the arrival of a new game mode.
- PS5: Sony removes a feature without warning (Monday 01/08)
Always looking to optimize its console, Sony is cleaning up the features forgotten by almost everyone.
- Beyond Good & Evil 2: new change for Ubisoft’s game (Friday 05/08)
Visibly still alive, Beyond Good & Evil is once again facing movements within its staff.
- Sony is afraid of Microsoft, the fault of Call of Duty (Monday 01/08)
Microsoft’s acquisition of Activision is slowly being finalized, and Sony has a few cold sweats at the idea of seeing Call of Duty in the stable of its direct competitor.
- God of War Ragnarok: before its PS5 release, the game shows itself in an unusual way (Tuesday 02/08)
Kratos and his son will soon be back on Sony’s consoles, but they’ll be taking a little detour to a seasonal festival in New Taipei before that.
- The Last of Us Part 1: Naughty Dog reveals a new PS4/PS5 comparison (Friday 05/08)
We’re just under a month away from the long-awaited and controversial release of the remake of the first opus in the The Last of Us license. And to satisfy the expectation of the fans of the first hour, Naughty Dog unveils a small video comparing PS4 vs PS5.
- Far Cry 6 is now playable for free (Friday 05/08)
The new opus in the Far Cry series, released in October 2021, can now be approached for free. And, of course, this is only temporary.
- Elden Ring sets a new record (Wednesday 03/08)
At the time of its release, FromSoftware’s game was the object of a strong craze. We already knew that, and the figures released today are further proof.
- God of War Ragnarok gets its Xbox version… or almost (Wednesday 03/08)
Completely unexpected surprise, which must have sawed the legs of Sony and Santa Monica, Kratos has betrayed the Japanese brand to crash on Xbox
- Hogwarts Legacy shares new images (Thursday 04/08)
During a private presentation, a new video was released, along with some images to help us wait.
- Multiversus: season 1 postponed, Rick & Morty will have to wait (Thursday 04/08)
Warner’s brawler is a hit, but has been forced to postpone its first season as well as the arrival of the next fighter from Rick & Morty.
- Battlefield 2042: patch 1.2 is here and the map redesign begins (Tuesday 02/08)
Despite its tumultuous release, Battlefield 2042 is getting a facelift and DICE is seriously starting to rework its game from the ground up.
- Gran Turismo 7 gets a special collaboration (Tuesday 02/08)
The racing game from Polyphony Digital will offer itself at the end of this month of August a collaboration that is, to say the least, prestigious.
- Square Enix would like to sell (Friday 05/08)
The sale to Embracer was only a first step. Square Enix would seek to offload more in order to focus its resources on “Japanese” games.
- Tomb Raider: first info on the new title leaked (Thursday 04/08)
First info on the next opus of the series would have leaked. True or not? In any case, Square Enix will not dissuade us.
Feel free to react to this weekly top in the comments!